Linen-grey Tomesode adorned with books, flowers, and landscapes. This is a magnificent linen-grey Tomesode Kimono, crafted in silk, adorned with motifs of books revealing Japanese landscapes, flowers… set against a backdrop of Momiji – maple leaves, Ume – plum blossoms, and Matsu – pines… in color. The kimono is in excellent condition and appears to have never been worn; the protective papers for its emblems have not yet been removed. There is only a small, barely visible stain on the sleeve. Being a vintage/used piece, it may show some stains or defects.
The Tomesode is a type of women’s kimono considered the most formal for married women in Japan. Typically made of silk, these kimonos are known for their elegance and sophistication, often displaying complex and meaningful motifs. They are usually worn during grand occasions or ceremonies, such as weddings or significant events.
The Tomesode is distinguished by motifs that generally do not extend above the lower part of the garment, adding to its sophisticated and elegant allure. When worn, it is generally accompanied by luxurious accessories, thus contributing to create a look that is both majestic and subtle.
- Kimono Tomesode vintage, used.
- Excellent condition and appears to have never been worn; the protective papers for its emblems have not yet been removed, only a small, barely visible stain on the sleeve.
- Dimensions around: A – 126cm / B – 155cm / C – 32cm / D – 49cm.
- Linen-grey color.
- The price indicated is for the kimono alone, without accessories.
- Maintenance: Dry clean only.
It could be that from one screen to another the colors are different on some products.